Our Vision -
To provide at-risk and homeless youth the opportunity and skills to achieve independent living.
Also can be stated as: At-risk to independent living.
Our Mission – Transitional Youth provides outreach, support and housing to positively transform the hearts and lives of at-risk and homeless youth through compassion, guidance, and the grace of God.
Also can be stated as: To positively transform the hearts and lives of at-risk and homeless youth.
To help achieve our mission we believe in the following value statements:
- Every at-risk and homeless youth is valued and loved by God and we are called to love and value them all.
- Spiritual nurture and growth are critical factors for permanent, positive change. Every at-risk and homeless youth should have the opportunity to discover and grow in God’s purpose.
- The local church is central to God’s plan of redemption and, therefore, is the wellspring from which all ministry flows. At-risk and homeless youth will be encouraged to participate in a healthy, loving, local family of believers.
- Ministry is relational. We will provide opportunities for youth to hear, obey and grow in God’s call to help them discover and grow in a deeper walk with Christ.
- Ministry is giving. At-risk and homeless youth have a need to serve as well as to be served, to give as well as to take. We will continually seek opportunities for youth to work and to contribute to the church and to society as a whole.
- Ministry is love. As we model unconditional love, homeless youth discover God, see a true picture of themselves and learn effective life and leadership skills.
- Further, we believe that at-risk and homeless youth are at a critical juncture for change, for better or worse. Therefore, it is our task to present Christ, who can permanently and positively change lives.
We help homeless youth by:
- Serving more than 12,000 meals at our outreach center in downtown Portland annually.
- Operating two fully-staffed residential home programs.
- Providing a sense of “home” many have never experienced before.
- Helping youth obtain full time employment and moving on to independent living situations.